The only constant in today’s volatile, uncertain, and complex world is change. Leaders have to continually evolve, grow, and adjust to their changing environment, and get their people to do the same. Driving Performance and Change shows you how to maximize your impact as a leader during times of change.
You will learn practical ways to deliver effective feedback and to coach your people in order to help them cultivate self-awareness, close performance gaps, develop new capabilities, challenge their own mindsets, and approach their full potential. You will learn how to practice resilience so you can neutralize barriers, rebound from setbacks, adapt to new conditions, and inspire change. And you will learn how to lead people on a change journey by getting them to successfully implement critical changes in behavior.
We often see our selves and others as fixed, in terms of our personality, character, and professional skills. This program will give you a powerful new understanding of how much untapped potential there is for you and your people to change. And you will gain practical techniques to help you and your people adapt and flourish in a constantly changing world.
Driving Performance and Change provides you with a scientific and practical pathway to growing your people's capabilities and performance, and growing your own self as well.What You Will LearnPart I: Leading ChangeMaximize your personal impact at times of change
Part II: Developing People from the Inside-OutHelp your people close performance gaps and build new skills
- Mindsets and behaviors that restrict people from changing their behavior
- 5 components of the Change Formula – for changing yourself or others.
- Building a behavior change plan
- Best practices drawn from psychology and “change champions” – great leaders and successful organizations – on how to change mindsets and behavior
- Real-world case study involving the turnaround of an organization at a critical moment in a great city’s history
- Analysis of a great leader’s change speech (recorded on video)
Part III: Resilient LeadershipLearn, adapt and thrive in the midst of setbacks and challenges
- Mindsets that may be limiting you from developing your people
- 5 principles for giving effective feedback
- When to offer feedback; the possibilities and perils of real-time feedback
- How to create a feedback-friendly culture
- Template for planning and executing a successful feedback dialog
- 6 coaching principles
- Techniques to maximize your coaching results
- Template to plan and execute a successful coaching dialog
- 5 principles of resilient leadership and tools to put these principles into practice
- How people typically respond to adversity
- The winner’s response to adversity – and a practical toolkit for getting there
- How to anticipate and respond to risks and uncertainty
- How to translate failure into opportunity
- How to make resilience a daily habit
- Stories and insights of how great leaders have practiced resilience
This Columbia-IPL Executive Program takes you on a 12-week journey to acquiring mastery over a personal leadership competency.
- Duration: 12 weeks
- Time Required: 3 hours per week
- Self-paced, high-quality video lectures
- Online reflections and discussion
- Opportunity to interact with a global community of executive participants
- The Institute for Personal Leadership's proprietary myPL mobile learning platform for convenient on-the-go access
- The Institute for Personal Leadership's proprietary Virtual Mentor platform for practice and feedback (for select programs)
- Certificate of Completion (Executive Program) from the Institute for Personal Leadership & Columbia Business School Executive Education
- Two days of credit toward a Certificate with select alumni and tuition benefits from Columbia Business School
- Four live online review sessions led by IPL faculty
- Access to the IPL toolbox – tools, templates, and framework
The Driving Performance and Change program is designed for executives of all levels who are looking to grow their people's capabilities and character, and grow their own self as well.Admissions Qualifications:
Successful candidates should have managerial experience and responsibilities matching a program’s “Who Should Attend” or “Participant Profile” description. All registrations are subject to approval by Columbia Business School.Important Note Regarding Course Schedule:
This class is an asynchronous online course, meaning the content is on-demand and accessible to you at your own pace. The time to complete the course will vary from person to person, but will run from any of the following schedules and can be accessed at any point within the time period
- Jan 21 to Apr 14, 2019
- May 20 - Aug 11, 2019
- Sep 9 - Dec 1, 2019
If you have any questions about this please contact the CourseHorse support team via our "Contact Us" link at the top of this page.