18 and older
WordPress makes it easy for any computer user to create webpages and blogs. This 1 day quick-start class will teach you to easily develop and customize your own website. WordPress is a free online application that allows users to create beautiful pages that you can incorporate your own logos, images or photos into.Basic Web Topics
- What is HTML and how does it create websites?
- Understanding file formats such as JPG, GIF and PNG to import into your website.
- Comprehending how Search Engines find web pages.
- Understanding the difference betweeen Static and Dynamic webpages.
Setting Up Your Wordpress Account
- What is Wordpress and how is it different from Adobe Dreamweaver?
- How is a Blog different from a website?
- Why use Worpress for Blogs and web pages?
- How does Wordpress use HTML?
- About Search Engines.
- Wordpress for Mobile Devices.
The Wordpress Dashboard And Interface
- Choosing a Domain Name
- Ensuring Search Engines can see your site.
Creating Webpages With Wordpress
- Using the behind the scenes interface where your settings and content are stored.
- The different tools and navigation to create your Blog or Webpage.
- Modifying settings and adding taglines.
- Uploading main images.
Developing A Blog
- Using Templates for consistent webpages.
- Creating links to other pages, other websites or downloads.
- Choosing from Wordpress themes.
- Adding and formatting text to your page.
- Creating Subpages.
- Working with the Administration Panel to access your pages.
- Basics for creating pages that search engines can find.
The Wordpress Blog Page Interface
- Deciding what topic to use for a blog.
- What are Widgets and how you can customize your Blog by incorporating them.
- Blogrolls and using the Links Widget.
- Creating headlines and body content.
- Using the Visual Editor to see a more user friendly interface.
- Adding links to your blog.
- Publishing your blog post.
- Editing already published blogs.
- Using the Image icon to incorporate JPG, GIF or PNG files.
- Adding captions, Titles, and links to graphics.
- Adding video to your blog via YouTube.
- Adding tags to your blog posting.
- What kind of word combinations are effective?
- Viewing the "Tag Surfer."
- Why comments and sharing are important.
- Viewing Blog Stats.