Thankfully we have 3 other Kids Guitar Classes for you to choose from. Check our top choices below or see all classes for more options.
This class isn't on the schedule at the moment, but
save it to your Wish List to find out when it comes back!
If you're enrolled in an upcoming date, this simply means that date has now sold out.
This class is for absolute beginners to guitar. We teach the fundamentals and basics of guitar in this class. We start from the absolute beginning. We focus on technique and sound. Students will learn these basics and fundamentals via the style of classical guitar mixed with strumming in the style of spanish flamenco guitar.
Students will learn to play classical guitar and basic chords as well. We have lots of success with this class and find it to be a great way to begin learning the guitar. Students will be taught to play the guitar with their right hand fingers (aka fingerstyle) and not with a pic. The repertoire we teach include waltzes, milongas, rumbas and melodic etudes (studies/scales).
Still have questions? Ask the community.
Group Class Policy:
The following policy applies for students that have purchased a group class from New York Guitar Academy:
• A class start date may be pushed to start at a later date if there are not enough students enrolled to begin the class. We will do our best to notify by phone and/or email as soon as possible in a situation of this sort.
• There is no refund once a class begins. If a student chooses to withdraw from a class once it has begun only school credit will be issued for the remaining classes. You must notify us 48 hours prior to the next scheduled session to withdraw from a class and avoid forfeiture of that session. School credit expires after 1 year from the date of purchase.
• You must notify us by email to request to withdraw from class.
• If a teacher must be absent, the class will either have a substitute teacher or that class will be postponed until the following week. In the event that a class is be postponed, students will be notified by phone and/or e-mail. You will NOT lose a class. The class will still have the 8 sessions. The class will be extended and end at a later date.
• If a student is absent for a class we can email over missed materials upon the student's request. As an additional option, enrolled students may purchase a private lesson at our discounted package rate to make up for any missed class.
This class isn't on the schedule at the moment, but save it to your Wish List to find out when it comes back!
New York Guitar Academy's guitar program offers small group classes and private lessons in a wide range of styles for the acoustic, classical and electric guitar. We offer classes for kids, teens and adults. We introduce students to all different styles of music, allowing them to get a well-rounded...
This school has been carefully vetted by CourseHorse and is a verified NYC educator.
Wednesday Jan 29th, 5:15pm - 6pm(16 sessions)
Children will learn basic guitar technique and the fundamentals of music. *Important Note: The beginner section is only for students who have never taken a Group Guitar class. If your students has taken one of the Group Guitar classes please register them for a “continuing” section. Student should bring their guitar, a folder, and guitar tuner to...
Thursday Jan 30th, 4:30pm - 5:15pm(16 sessions)
Our new class is great opportunity for any student who’s ever wanted to sing and play an instrument at the same time. The ukulele is among the easiest instruments to learn and most delightful to play, lending itself especially to children because of it’s small size. Students will learn a variety of songs along with basic chords, how to strum,...
Friday Jan 31st, 3:45pm - 4:30pm(18 sessions)
Know someone who would like this class but not sure of their schedule? (We recommend this!)
Know their schedule better than your own? Book a date and time directly.