18 and older
In Part I, you’ll learn Ruby and Rails fundamentals and then dive straight into models, controllers, views, and deployment. As you work through the basics, you’ll learn how to:
- Craft persistent models with Active Record
- Build view templates with Embedded Ruby
- Use Git to roll back to previous versions of your code base
- Deploy applications to Heroku
In Part II, you’ll take your skills to the next level as you build a social networking app with more advanced Ruby tools, such as modules and meta-programming, and advanced data modeling techniques within Rails’s Active Record. You’ll learn how to:
- Implement an authentication system to identify authorized users
- Write your own automated tests and refactor your code with confidence
- Maximize performance with the asset pipeline and turbolinks
- Secure your app against SQL injection and cross-site scripting
- Set up a server and deploy applications with Capistrano
Student materials will be shipped to the address provided upon registration. Make sure that the additional info field is properly and correctly filled out to avoid materials being lost in transit. Please also note that P.O. Box addresses are not allowed.
The classes are instructor-led live training you attend in a local classroom or from your home/office. Our instructors teach from a remote location while being able to interact with students as in a traditional classroom setting.
Instructors can view student progress and take control of their PC to provide direct assistance. Students can see the instructor's presentation as well as voice questions directly to the instructor and participate in class discussions.
Headsets for free, Guaranteed to Run, Re-Takes for free (Up to 6 months), Interactive Classroom environment.