18 and older
Adobe XD is the all-in-one resource for rapid protyping and wireframing to create a streamlined user experience. Learn to create interactive prototypes and complete screen mockups for websites and apps.Course Outline
1. Getting to know Adobe XD and the Tools
- How Adobe XD differs from Photoshop in the prototyping process.
- Understanding the User Experience.
- Why animation plays a big part in contemporary user experiences.
- Using Artboard presets for specific sizes.
- Designing multiple screens within one Adobe XD file.
- Copying, resizing and rearranging Adobe XD Artboards.
- How Artboards are different from Layers.
- Using the Property Inspector to Align and Distribute.
- Using Smart Guides to align objects.
- Cut, copy, move and resize elements from one Artboard to another.
- Adding shapes and grouping objects.
- Working with Text in Adobe XD.
- Creating Symbols that you can reuse on your pages and change all at once.
- Using the Symbol Library to view all Symbols in your document.
2. Designing with a Grid
- Using the Repeating Grid to repeat elements quickly as a group.
- Adjusting the margins and keep your properties repeated.
- Selecting items and using the Repeat Grid button form the Property Inspector to repeat assets.
- Adjusting Padding in your grid.
- Importing and exporting in Adobe XD to Photoshop & Illustrator with PNG & SVG.
- Previewing your designs and prototypes.
Who should take this class?
- Creating Prototypes by adding secondary Artboards.
- Wiring assets to Artboards to create transitions and showcase the user experience.
- Sharing prototypes as a scripted walkthrough and gain feedback through Commenting.
- Designers who want to elevate their careers. The UX design job market grew 70% in 2016.
- Web developers that want to create better user experiences.
- Those that need to create seamless, mobile-ready experiences.