18 and older
Basta pasta! We're going to delve deep into regional Italian pastas, making several types of dough from scratch. You'll learn how to use a pasta roller, as well as how to create rustic shapes by hand, and we'll dress up our pastas with divine homemade sauces. Menu:
Skills Covered in Class Include:
- Egg Dough: Cavatelli alla Matriciana; Black and White Striped Farfalle Salad with Shrimp and Zucchini.
- Semolina Dough: Hand-Formed Pastas (Orecchiette, Busiati and Pici) with Broccoli Rabe and Sausage.
- Ligurian White Wine Dough: Pansotti (Ligurian Ravioli Filled with Ricotta and Bitter Greens) in Walnut Sauce.
Due to the layout of our kitchens and in consideration of your classmates, students will work in groups of 3 to 4 people. Parties of 6 or more will be directed to our private events department so we can accommodate them appropriately.
- Mixing and Kneading Pasta Dough by Hand
- Cooking Pasta Properly
- Understanding Different Types of Flour
- Making Tinted and Striped Pasta Dough
- Using a Pasta Roller
- Shaping Traditional Pastas by Hand
- Making Filled Pasta
- How to Store Homemade Pasta
- Cooking Leafy Greens
- Balancing Flavors
- Please note that upon purchase, your email address may be shared with The Chopping Block Lincoln Square, and you will be receiving class and/or marketing information from the provider.
- Also note that by purchasing seats for classes at The Chopping Block you are authorizing CourseHorse to charge your card if you order additional drinks and do not pay for them at the time of the class.